UN-APCICT’s flagship programme, the “Academy of ICT Essentials for Government Leaders” (Academy), was launched in June 2008 at the OECD Ministerial Meeting in Seoul, Republic of Korea. The Programme aims to increase the level and quality of awareness and skills of policy makers and government officials for the use of ICT for socio-economic development. It is composed of a 10-module training curriculum covering basic to more advanced topics in ICTD. The Programme has expanded rapidly since its inception in 2008. APCICT, together with its Programme partners, saw the need to develop an M&E framework and toolkit to capture systematically the progress, gains and impact of the Academy to its target stakeholders
The Academy Programme M&E Toolkit will help the partners develop and strengthen the M&E system in their institutions. It will assist the partners in determining very important inputs, activities, tools, and resources needed to design, build or improve and implement an appropriate M&E system. Specifically, the Toolkit will assist partners in customising their M&E system through providing important information.
||Basics of Monitoring and Evaluation: Presents an overall guide in designing the Academy partners' M&E system.
||Conducting Monitoring and Evaluation: Defines what information you want to know about your performance and how to get that information reliably and validly.
||Strengthening the Monitoring and Evaluation System: Presents the different parts or components of an M&E system so that it can reliably and sustainably obtain the information needed by the partners and APCICT.
The module aims to:
- Ensure that their Academy Programme Plan can be readily translated into an M&E Plan;
- Develop an M&E Plan that will address the information needs of the different stakeholders of the Academy Programme;
- Develop clear and measurable indicators and targets of performance based on the goals and strategies identified in the Academy Programme Plan;
- Identify the most appropriate research method to gather, analyse and consolidate data and information;
- Effectively prepare and package the M&E results to specific information needs of target stakeholders; and
- Ensure efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement of the M&E system.
After going through this course, readers should be able to:
- Effectively use the results of M&E and design a specific M&E system;
- Develop programme indicators and determine appropriate methods for gathering and analyzing data or information;
- Understand the components of the M&E system and assess the readiness for the system; and
- Strengthen the M&E structure and improve M&E continously.