The module has three sections, where key concepts are explained with the support of numerous real-world examples and case studies. Each section ends with a set of interactive exercises. Notes for trainers are available at the end of this module to provide suggestions in the delivery of the training to the target audience and the enrichment of this material in their local setting.
||Women's Empowerment and Entrepreneurship
||Barriers and Enablers for Women Entrepreneurs
||ICT for Women's Entrepreneurship
The primary objective of this module is to introduce the key concepts of:
- Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs
- The global and regional status of women entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship’s relations to women’s empowerment
- The barriers and enablers faced by women entrepreneurs
- The role of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in women’s entrepreneurship.
Upon completion of the module, a learner will be able to:
- Understand how entrepreneurship can lead to women’s empowerment
- Understand the barriers and enabling environment for women entrepreneurs
- Appreciate the role of ICT in supporting women’s entrepreneurship