We will notify through email when the course is available
In the Information Age, information is an asset to be protected and policymakers need to know what information security is and how to take action against information leakage and infringement. This module provides an overview of the need for information security, information security issues and trends, and the process of formulating an information security strategy.
|1||The Need for Information Security, Understanding Information Security Trends, and Improving Security
||Information Security Activities
||Information Security Methodology
||Protection of Privacy
||CSIRT Establishment and Operation
||Life-Cycle of the Information Security Policy
The module aims to:
- Clarify the concept of information security, privacy and related concepts;
- Describe threats to information security and how they can be addressed;
- Discuss the requirements for the establishment and implementation of policy on information security, as well as the life cycle of information security policy; and
- Provide an overview of standards of information security and privacy protection that are used by some countries and international information security organizations.
After going through this module, readers should be able to:
- Define information security, privacy and related concepts;
- Identify threats to information security;
- Assess existing information security policy in terms of international standards of information security and privacy protection; and
- Formulate or make recommendations regarding information security policy that would be appropriate to their own context.