This module provides an introduction to basic project management concepts that are relevant in ICTD projects. It introduces methods, processes and project management disciplines commonly used by development and ICT service management practitioners. Some case studies, practice tools and templates are provided, and the unique challenges of planning and managing ICT projects are highlighted.
||Project Management and ICT4D
||ICT Project Management Stakeholders
||Key Project Management Processes and Essential Deliverables
||Best Practices Reference Standards
The module aims to:
- Provide an overview of concepts, principles and processes in ICT project planning and management;
- Discuss issues and challenges in ICT project planning and management in developing country contexts;
- Describe approaches to and tools for ICT project management.
After going through this module, readers should be able to:
- Discuss ICT project management concepts, principles and processes;
- Discuss issues and challenges in ICT project planning and management in developing country contexts, and propose relevant solutions and approaches;
- Utilize a variety of tools for different phases of ICT project management; and
- Critically assess the management of existing and proposed ICT projects.